I was born in Cuba and at an early age I was mesmerized by the rhythms of the comparsa on the streets of Cuba. After seeing "Rock Around the Clock" by Bill Haley and the Comets, and Little Richard, I knew drumming would be my lifelong ambition and goal.

By 1961 I relocated to New York City. One night my father took me to see Gene Krupa outside the Metropole Cafe. The next day he bought my first set of drums, (Rogers, which I still have). I studied for three years at Henry Adler Music School at 47th Street. By seventeen I was offered my first paying gig with a rock band at the New York Sheraton Hotel at 34th Street that lasted three years. At this time I performed with the well known writer/singer Valerie Simpson and recorded my first single with the gospel soul group Reflections. In 1973 I relocated to Miami studying at Miami Dade Community College and taking private lessons. By that time word started getting around the Latin community about "this kid with rock chops". Chirino, considered the father of Miami Sound in the 70's and 80's took me under his wing where I toured and recorded several albums.

At the same time I recorded and worked with Spanish artists such as Celia Cruz, Gloria Stefan, Jon Secada, and Julio Iglesias. In 1980 one of my biggest moments came when I joined Max Demian, I recorded their 2nd album on RCA Victor called "Call of the Wild”. But my biggest thrill was traveling around the world with a famous spanish singer "Jose Luis Rodriguez” we played at “Radio City Music Hall” 3 full nights, "Madison Square Garden”and other places in LA where we got to meet Tony Bennet.

In 1986 i was offered to work at “Sabato Gigante International” TV show in Univision Network with the house band, while being on the show in the early 90’s, I met Bobby Keys(RIP), and Mick Taylor of the Rolling Stones along with Ivan Neville, we formed a band called "Tumbling Dice" were we did some gigs in NY and Florida .I toured for three months and recorded a CD with KC and the Sunshine Band. And after 30 yrs of being on “Sabado Gigante” the show called it quits on Sept.19-2015.At this time I am doing gigs around town with many bands and still having a great time.